Deep-Fried Mozzarella Sticks
Total Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Cook Time: 2-3 minutes
Servings: 2-3 servings
Level of Difficulty: 2
(Levels 1-5, with 5 being the most difficult)
Recipe by Brandyn Baker @blackdog_bbq
- 10 mozzarella cheese sticks (more if desired)
- 2 C flour
- 2-3 T creole seasoning
- 2 eggs
- ½ C heavy cream
- 2 C Italian breadcrumbs
- 1-gallon peanut oil
- Marinara sauce to serve
- Start by setting up your breading station with 3 separate bowls: In one bowl, combine flour and creole seasoning. In the second, mix eggs and heavy cream. In the third, add the Italian breadcrumbs.
- To bread the mozzarella sticks: dredge in flour before dunking in the egg wash. Finally, coat well with Italian breadcrumbs. Repeat this process as needed.
**Note: I refrigerated these on a wire rack overnight to help them firm up, but this is not necessary.
- Add peanut oil to a deep fryer. Meanwhile, transfer the breaded mozzarella sticks from the wire rack to a deep-frying basket. Once the oil registers about 350 degrees, place the loaded basket in the deep fryer and cook until the mozzarella sticks are golden brown, about 30 seconds.
- Place the deep-fried mozzarella sticks on a plate and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes. Serve with marinara sauce & enjoy!