Recipe Title: Cajun Chicken Alfredo
Total Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Cook Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 4-6 servings
Level of Difficulty: 4
(Levels 1-5, with 5 being the most difficult)
Recipe by Brandyn Baker @blackdog_bbq
- 1.5 lbs. chicken breasts, boneless
- ½ - 1 C blackening seasoning (I used Spiceology Black Magic rub)
- Olive oil as needed
- 3 T minced garlic
- 1 (7 oz.) jar sun-dried tomatoes, drained & chopped
- ¼ C white wine
- 3 C heavy cream
- ¾ C shredded parmesan
- 1 lb. cooked spaghetti
- ¼ C scallions
For the Chicken:
- Preheat both griddle burners to sear mode. Meanwhile, trim the chicken breasts of any excess fat, discarding waste & packaging as needed. Next, lightly apply olive oil to the chicken breast to act as a binder. Season the chicken breast liberally with blackening season until the chicken is well coated. Repeat this process with remaining chicken breasts.
- Once the griddle has preheated, add the chicken and cook for 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway through (leave one side of the griddle open to allow room to cook the sauce a the same time). Once the internal temperature registers 165 degrees, transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside until ready to use. Turn off the burner.
For the Cajun Alfredo Sauce:
- Place a large skillet with a splash of olive oil on the open side of the griddle. Once the skillet becomes hot, add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Next, add the sundried tomatoes and cook for another minute or so. Deglaze the pan with the white wine, then add the heavy cream and 2-3 T blackening seasoning.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then lower the heat to 350 degrees and continue cooking until the sauce has reduced and become spoon thick. Add in the parmesan cheese and stir until the cheese is melted and well-incorporated. Throw in the spaghetti and toss until the pasta is coated with the Cajun sauce and turn off the burner.
- Allow the chicken to rest for 5-10 minutes. Using a sharp knife, slice the chicken into ¼ - ½ inch thick slices.
- Add the Cajun alfredo pasta to a plate with the carved chicken. Top with scallions, serve, & enjoy!