Recipe Title: Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
Total Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Cook Time: 5-10 minutes
Servings: 8-10 servings
Level of Difficulty: 3
(Levels 1-5, with 5 being the most difficult)
Recipe by Brandyn Baker @blackdog_bbq
Ingredients for the Pancakes:
- 2 C pancake mix
- 1 ½ C milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 T oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 T sugar
- Butter or oil as needed for the griddle
Ingredients for Cinnamon Filling:
8 T (1 stick) butter, melted
¾ C brown sugar
1 T cinnamon
Ingredients for Cream Cheese Glaze:
8 T (1 stick) butter
4 oz cream cheese
1 ½ C sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
For the Cinnamon Filling:
- Combine the ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir until combined. Pour the mixture into a Ziploc bag or sauce bottle and set aside until ready to use.
**Note 1: I prefer to use the sauce bottle method as it’s easier to control when applying the filling on the pancakes. In this case, a funnel is helpful to pour the mixture into the container. If using a Ziploc bag, you’ll need to cut a small hole in a corner to apply the filling to the pancakes.
**Note 2: Keep the filling warm as this makes the application process much easier.
For the Cream Cheese Glaze:
- Heat the butter until melted (I put the butter in a bowl in the microwave but melting in a saucepan on the stove works as well).
- Combine the melted butter with the cream cheese and stir until combined.
- Finally, stir in the sugar and vanilla extract. Set aside the glaze until ready to use.
**Note: I prefer to use the sauce bottle method discussed in the previous step for this step as well, although it is not necessary.
For the Pancakes:
- Preheat the griddle to 375 degrees and add a liberal amount of butter or oil in preparation for the pancake mix.
- Add pancake mix and sugar into a large mixing bowl. Next, add the remaining ingredients and whisk until combined, making sure not to overmix.
- Once the griddle has preheated, add ¼ C pancake batter to the flattop. Next, apply the cinnamon roll filling. When applying the filling, start in the middle and use a swirling pattern like you would for a cinnamon roll. Repeat this process with remaining pancakes, making sure there is plenty of space between each.
- Once the pancakes begin to bubble, flip each using a spatula (the pancakes should be golden brown in color). Continue cooking the pancakes for 3-4 minutes, checking the bottom of the pancakes as needed to ensure they do not burn.
- Once the pancakes have finished, set them aside on a plate and turn off the griddle.
- Plate the pancakes as desired and apply a generous amount of the cream cheese glaze. Serve and enjoy!