Total Prep Time: 30-40 minutes
Total Cook Time: 3-4 minutes per pound
Servings: 8-10 guests (12 lb. - 14 lb. turkey)
- 1 12lb. - 16 lb. Turkey, dethawed
- 1 (3 gallon) box of peanut oil
- 1 LoCo Creole Turkey Seasoning Kit
- Inject your turkey with LoCo Creole injectable marinade, injecting each thigh and each side of the breast with approximately 1-2 ounces of liquid.
- Season your turkey with LoCo Creole dry rub by sprinkling and rubbing the outside of the bird.
- Fill your fryer to the “fill line” with peanut oil, or oil of your choice.
- Allow for the oil to heat to the optimal temperature of 325°F-350°F.
- Turn off the flame once the oil reaches 350°F.
- With the flame still off, gently lower your turkey into the hot oil until fully submerged. Ensure that your turkey is dry (free of water) before lowering it into the oil.
- After the turkey is safely submerged in the oil, relight the burner.
- Fry the turkey for 3.5 minutes per pound. For example a 12lb turkey should cook for 42 minutes.
- The internal temperature of the turkey should be 170°F in the breast and 180°F in the thigh.
- Once your turkey has reached the proper internal temperatures, turn off the flame and lift the turkey from the hot oil.
- Allow the turkey to cool before slicing and serving!
Tip #1: We recommend peanut oil as it has a mild, pleasant flavor and has a high smoke point around 450°
Tip #2: We recommend a 12 lb. to 16 lb. Most pots are 30QT and with a 12lb to 16lb turkey the pot allows for the oil to boil freely around the turkey for even frying.
Tip #3: Make sure you fully unthaw your turkey if frozen before frying it! Thaw your turkey in the refrigerator, allowing one day per 4-5 lbs.