Recipe Title: Griddled Asparagus
Total Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Cook Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 4-6 servings
Level of Difficulty: 1
(Levels 1-5, with 5 being the most difficult)
Recipe by Brandyn Baker @blackdog_bbq
- 1 bundle asparagus
- oil as needed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded Parmesan to garnish (if desired)
- Preheat the griddle to 400 degrees and add oil to season.
- Meanwhile, take the asparagus and place on a cutting board. Using a knife, cut off the bottom 2 inches of the stalk and discard (this section cannot be digested).
- Place the trimmed asparagus in a mixing bowl and toss with olive oil. Next apply salt and pepper to taste and toss again.
- Once the griddle has preheated, add the asparagus and cook for about 10 minutes, moving around the asparagus as needed to prevent burning.
- Once cooked to desired consistency, remove the asparagus from the griddle and shut off the burners.
- Place the finished asparagus on a plate and top with Parmesan cheese (if desired). Serve & enjoy!