Recipe Title: Griddled Chicken w/ Alabama White Sauce
Total Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
Servings: 4-6 servings
Level of Difficulty: 1
(Levels 1-5, with 5 being the most difficult)
Recipe by Brandyn Baker @blackdog_bbq
- 2 lbs. chicken breast, boneless
- Butter or oil to season the griddle
- 2 C mayonnaise
- ½ C apple cider vinegar
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 ½ T Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp red pepper
- 1 tsp black pepper plus more to taste
- 1 tsp salt plus more to taste
- 3 tsp horseradish
For the Alabama White Sauce:
- Combine the mayonnaise and next 7 ingredients in a bowl and mix until combined. Add salt and pepper as needed, then refrigerate until ready to use (this recipe makes enough sauce for several uses).
For the chicken:
- Preheat the griddle to sear mode and add a liberal amount of butter or oil to season the flattop. Meanwhile, take the chicken out of the packaging and trim any excess fat. Discard the packaging and any trimmings. Next, season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Once the griddle is preheated, add the chicken. Cook for 10 minutes then flip and repeat. Continue cooking the chicken breasts until the internal temperature registers 165 degrees.
- Once the chicken breasts have finished, place them on a cutting board to rest and shut off the burners.
- Allow the chicken breasts to rest for 10-15 minutes, then carve and serve with Alabama white sauce. Serve & enjoy!