Recipe Title: Griddled Flank Steak w/ Red Chimichurri
Total Prep Time: 45 minutes
Total Cook Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 6-8 servings
Level of Difficulty: 2
(Levels 1-5, with 5 being the most difficult)
Recipe by Brandyn Baker @blackdog_bbq
- 1-2 lbs. flank steak
- 1 C canned roasted red peppers, drained and diced
- 1/2 bunch of parsley, chopped
- 1/4 C red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 T minced garlic
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt + more to taste
- 1/4 C olive oil
- Pepper to taste
For the Chimichurri:
- Combine the roasted red peppers and next 8 ingredients in a mixing bowl until well incorporated and refrigerate until ready to use.
For the flank steak:
- Preheat the griddle to sear mode. Meanwhile, remove the steak from the packaging and discard packaging. Next, pat the steak dry and trim any excess fat. Finally, season the steak with salt and pepper to taste and allow to rest for about 15 minutes.
- Place the steak on the griddle and cook for about 12-14 minutes, making sure to flip halfway through. Once the steak registers 127-130 degrees, remove it from the griddle and allow to rest for 15 minutes. Turn off the burners.
- Carve the steak by slicing against the grain. Ideally, the thickness of the slices should be ¼ - ½ inches thick. Plate the desired amount of steak with sides of choice.
- Top the flank steak with chimichurri, serve, and enjoy!