Total Prep Time: 15-30 minutes
Total Cook Time: 5-10 minutes
Servings: 2-4 servings
Level of Difficulty: 2
(Levels 1-5, with 5 being the most difficult)
Recipe by Brandyn Baker @blackdog_bbq
- 2 lbs. salmon, skin attached
- Rub of choice (or salt and pepper if desired)
- 2 C pineapple, diced
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 3 jalapenos, diced & deseeded
- ½ C cilantro, chopped
- 4 small-medium limes, juiced
- Spring mix to garnish
For the Pineapple Salsa:
- Combine the pineapple and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl and mix until fully incorporated. Refrigerate until ready to use.
For the Grilled Salmon:
- Preheat the griddle to high (sear mode). Meanwhile, season the salmon with a rub of choice and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes. I tend to go with a blackening seasoning for fish.
- Once the griddle is preheated, place the fish on skin-side down and cook for 5-10 minutes. When the internal temperature registers about 135 degrees, remove the fish from the grill and turn off the heat source.
- Place a bed of spring mix on a plate. Add the salmon and top with the pineapple salsa.
- Serve & enjoy!