Recipe Title: Griddled Smash Potatoes
Total Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
Total Cook Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 8-10 servings
Level of Difficulty: 1
(Levels 1-5, with 5 being the most difficult)
Recipe by Brandyn Baker @blackdog_bbq
- 8-10 medium-sized potatoes
- Olive oil as needed
- BBQ rub of choice
- Garlic salt & pepper to taste
- Parsley to garnish (if desired)
- Preheat the griddle to sear mode. Meanwhile, coat the potatoes with olive oil and place them in a microwave for about 10 minutes or until they are soft and tender. Once this occurs, plate the potatoes to take to the griddle.
- Once the griddle is preheated, add the potatoes. Using a spatula, smash each potato so that the skin breaks, and the potatoes flatten. Next, sear for at least 3-5 minutes or until the bottom of the potatoes has developed a nice crust. Once crispy, flip the potatoes and repeat the same process for the other side.
- Remove the potatoes from the grill and top each with parsley if desired. Serve & enjoy!