Recipe Title: Honey Garlic Chicken
Total Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Cook Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 6-8 servings
Level of Difficulty: 2
(Levels 1-5, with 5 being the most difficult)
Recipe by Brandyn Baker @blackdog_bbq
- 2 lbs. chicken breast
- 1 C all-purpose flour (to coat the chicken)
- 4 T butter (1/2 stick)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ C maple syrup
- 2 T apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ T dark soy sauce
- Sesame seeds & green onions to garnish
For the Chicken:
- Preheat the griddle to sear mode using two separate burners.
- Cut the chicken breasts down the middle into two halves. Next, cut each half into 1 – 1 ½ inch cubes. Ideally, you want these to be as uniform as possible to cook more evenly.
- Fill a small bowl with flour. Add the chicken and toss until each piece is completely coated.
- Once the griddle is preheated, add the chicken to one of the two preheated burner zones. Cook the chicken until all sides begin to brown, flipping as needed. Once the internal temperature registers 165 degrees, remove the chicken from the griddle and shut off the burner used for the chicken.
For the Honey Garlic Sauce:
- Place a small saucepan on the second preheated burner zone and melt the butter. Next, add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Pour in the maple syrup, soy sauce, and vinegar and bring to a simmer. Allow the sauce to cook until the sauce has reduced and is a honey-thick consistency, 5-10 minutes.
- Add the chicken to the honey garlic sauce, making sure to toss the chicken so they are fully coated in the sauce. Allow the chicken to cook for about 5 more minutes to allow the sauce to adhere, then remove the saucepan from the heat and shut off the burner.
- Plate the honey garlic chicken and top with sesame seeds and green onions to garnish. Serve & enjoy!