- 3 ultra ripe bananas
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 cups of ricotta cheese
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup of AP flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 cup of milk (almond milk, soy or oat milk also work)
- Butter and maple syrup to serve onside
1. In a mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients. Mix and set aside.
2. In a separate mixing bowl combine all wet ingredients, except for the milk. Make sure the bananas or mashed well. Thoroughly incorporate mashed bananas with lemon zest, eggs, and ricotta cheese.
3. Combine dry ingredients with wet ingredients, excluding the milk.
4. Use milk to thin out your batter into pancake consistency. This amount will vary depending on how thick or wet your ricotta is. Pancake batter should be thick and easily be able to “stand up” without spreading once it hits a hot griddle.
5. Set your LoCo griddle to 350 degrees.
6. Coat your griddle with melted butter.
7. With a 4oz ladle, scoop batter onto the hot griddle keeping your pancakes separate.
8. Allow your pancakes to slowly cook on the griddle until the top side (raw side) of the your pancakes start to firm up around the edges and center is set enough to flip (about 5 minutes.)
9. Flip your pancakes and add a bit more of butter to the griddle around your pancakes.
10. Remove from the griddle after 3 minutes and layer with more butter in between.
11. If you desire, add fresh ripe bananas on top. Serve with maple syrup.