Recipe Title: Seared Salmon Cakes with Cajun Remoulade Sauce
Total Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Cook Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 4-6 servings
Level of Difficulty: 3
(Levels 1-5, with 5 being the most difficult)
Recipe by Brandyn Baker @blackdog_bbq
Ingredients for Salmon Cakes
- 1.5 lbs. salmon, cooked & chopped
- ¾ C mayonnaise
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 TSP Dijon Mustard
- 1 TSP Spiceology Black Magic Rub (sub with favorite Cajun or blackening seasoning)
- ¼ C green onions, chopped
- 1 ¼ C Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/3 C celery, diced
- Oil as needed for the griddle
Ingredients for Cajun Remoulade
- 2/3 C mayonnaise
- 1 T Dijon mustard
- ½ lemon, juiced + ½ lemon, zested
- 2 T green onions, chopped
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ TSP Spiceology Black Magic Rub (sub with favorite Cajun or blackening seasoning)
For the Cajun Remoulade:
- Combine the mayonnaise and next 5 ingredients in a bowl and mix until well combined. Refrigerate until ready to use.
For the Salmon Cakes:
- Preheat the griddle to 375 degrees and add oil to lubricate the surface.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and black magic seasoning and mix. Once homogenized, add the remaining ingredients and continue to mix until all of the ingredients are evenly dispersed. Next form the salmon mixture into patties slightly smaller than the inside of your palm. You should be able to get 5-6 patties out of the mixture (note: if the patties are too dry or crumbly add more mayonnaise to help the ingredients hold together). Place the finished salmon patties on a plate to transfer to the griddle.
- Once the griddle has preheated, add the salmon cakes and cook until the bottom side turns a golden-brown color, about 5-7 minutes. Flip the patties and repeat. Once the salmon patties have finished cooking, remove them from the griddle and shut off the burners.
- Plate the salmon cakes and serve with a slice of lemon and the Cajun remoulade. Enjoy!