Sweet & Spicy Prime Rib Flatbread
Total Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
Level of Difficulty: 2
(Levels 1-5, with 5 being the most difficult)
Recipe by Brandyn Baker @blackdog_bbq
- 1 C cooked prime rib, cubed
- 1 flatbread pizza crust
- 1/2 C mayonnaise
- 1 T mustard powder
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 T chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 T fresh parsley, chopped
- ¾ - 1 C shredded mozzarella
- ¼ C red onions, sliced
- Mikes hot honey to taste
- 1-2 T Parsley + more to garnish (optional)
For the Creamy Peppercorn Sauce:
- Add the mayonnaise and next 9 ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir until combined (a blender may be needed if using the adobo pepper). Refrigerate until ready to use.
For the Flatbread:
- Preheat griddle to 500 degrees. Meanwhile, slather the flatbread crust with creamy peppercorn sauce, then top with mozzarella, prime rib, sliced onions, and parsley. Repeat this process one more time, then place the flatbread on a wire rack and set on the griddle.
- Once the cheese has melted (about 10-12 minutes), remove the flatbread and shut off the griddle. Slice into quarters and top with hot honey. Serve & enjoy!
**If cheese is not sufficiently melted to taste, either use a culinary torch or broiler for about 30 seconds to finish off. This recipe can work on a grill, griddle, or oven!